Tired of living with neck pain? Dr. Irwin Teichman at Athletic Injury Clinic in Santa Barbara, CA, and Ventura, CA, offers holistic, personalized, and comprehensive neck pain relief.
Neck Pain and Chiropractic Care
Neck pain is truly a pain. Not only does it hurt, but it can cause headaches, make it difficult to move your head, and generally make your day challenging to get through. While some people only experience neck pain from time to time, others live with it on a more consistent basis. In either case, Dr. Teichman and the team at Athletic Injury Clinic in Santa Barbara, CA, and Ventura, CA, can help. Learn more about how below.
Understanding Neck Pain
The neck is made up of bones, tendons, nerves, discs, and other soft tissues. Each of these components is involved every time you turn your head, sit, stand, walk, lie down, and any other activity you carry out every day. Unfortunately, this leaves a lot of opportunity for injuries and pain. Some of the most common causes include but are not limited to the following.
- Posture: Most people tend to slouch when sitting, driving, or scrolling through a device. This puts a lot of strain on the neck, shoulders, and upper back.
- Stress: We tend to tense our shoulders and neck muscles when stressed.
- Accidents and injuries: Whiplash is a common injury that occurs when playing contact sports and auto accidents. In this injury, the neck is forcefully moved beyond its normal range of motion, leading to soft tissue injuries and herniated discs.
- Age: The discs tend to wear out as we age, leading to neck pain and more.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help
Chiropractors use natural methods to seek out and correct the root causes of pain. Some of the most effective techniques for neck pain include the following.
- Adjustments that restore alignment throughout the neck and back
- Therapeutic massage, which relieves tension, improves blood flow, and enhances healing
- Therapeutic exercise such as yoga, which involves strengthening and stretching movements
- Ultrasound therapy that utilizes sound waves to penetrate the soft tissues of the neck, relieving tension, breaking up scar tissue, and improving blood flow
- Electrical muscle stimulation that uses tiny electric currents to relax tightened muscles, improve blood flow, and more
These are just a few examples of techniques for pain in the neck. Your chiropractor will determine the best combination of methods for your needs.
Don’t suffer from neck pain any longer. Put a stop to it by visiting Dr. Teichman at Athletic Injury Clinic. You can reach our Santa Barbara, CA, office at (805) 564-1824 or our Ventura, CA, office at (805) 641-0777.